These User Terms are a legally binding contract between you and us. As part of these User Terms, you agree to comply with the most recent version of our Acceptable Use Policy, which is incorporated by reference into these User Terms. If you access or use the Services, or continue accessing or using the Services after being notified of a change to the User Terms or the Acceptable Use Policy, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the User Terms and the Acceptable Use Policy. “We”, “our” and “us” currently refers to Bereev Sdn Bhd.
Customer’s Choices & Instructions
You are an Authorized User on a Plan Controlled by a “Customer”. An organization or other third party that we refer to in these User Terms as a “Customer” has invited you to a plan (i.e.: a unique URL where a group of users may access the Services, as further described in our Help Center pages). If you are joining one of your family member’s plan, for example, Customer is your family member. If you are joining a plan created by your friend using her personal email address to create her legacy/end-of-life plan, she is our Customer and she is authorizing you to join her plan.
Customer has separately agreed to our Customer Terms of Service or entered into a written agreement with us (in either case, the “Contract”) that permitted Customer to create and configure a plan so that you and others could join (each invitee granted access to the Services, including you, is an “Authorized User”). The Contract contains our commitment to deliver the Services to Customer, who may then invite Authorized Users to join its plan(s). When an Authorized User (including, you) submits content or information to the Services, such as answers or files (“Customer Data”), you acknowledge and agree that the Customer with many choices and control over that Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign plans or consolidate your plan with other plan, and these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data. Please check our Help Center pages for more detail on our different Service plans and the options available to Customer
AS BETWEEN US AND CUSTOMER, YOU AGREE THAT IT IS SOLELY CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO (A) INFORM YOU AND ANY AUTHORIZED USERS OF ANY RELEVANT CUSTOMER POLICIES AND PRACTICES AND ANY SETTINGS THAT MAY IMPACT THE PROCESSING OF CUSTOMER DATA; (B) OBTAIN ANY RIGHTS, PERMISSIONS OR CONSENTS FROM YOU AND ANY AUTHORIZED USERS THAT ARE NECESSARY FOR THE LAWFUL USE OF CUSTOMER DATA AND THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES; AND (C) RESPOND TO AND RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE WITH YOU AND ANY AUTHORIZED USER RELATING TO OR BASED ON CUSTOMER DATA, THEIR SERVICES OR CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO FULFILL THESE OBLIGATIONS. BEREEV MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU RELATING THE SERVICES, WHICH ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
A Few Ground Rules
- You Must be Over the Age of 18. The Services are not intended for and should not be used by anyone under the age of eighteen. You represent that you are over the age of 18 and are the intended recipient of Customer’s invitation to the Services. You may not access or use the Services for any purpose if either of the representations in the preceding sentence is not true. Without limiting the foregoing, you must be of legal working age.
- While You Are Here, You Must Follow the Rules. To help ensure a safe and productive planning environment, all Authorized Users must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy and remain vigilant in reporting inappropriate behavior or content to Customer and us.
- You Are Here At the Pleasure of Customer (and Us). These User Terms remain effective until Customer’s subscription for you expires or terminates, or your access to the Services has been terminated by Customer or us. Please contact Customer if you at any time or for any reason wish to terminate your account, including due to a disagreement with any updates to the User Terms or the Acceptable Use Policy.
Limitation of Liability
If we believe that there is a violation of the Contract, User Terms, the Acceptable Use Policy, or any of our other policies that can simply be remedied by Customer’s removal of certain Customer Data or taking other action, we will, in most cases, ask Customer to take action rather than intervene. We may directly step in and take what we determine to be appropriate action (including disabling your account) if Customer does not take appropriate action or we believe there is credible risk of harm to us, the Services, Authorized Users, or any third parties.
IN NO EVENTS WILL YOU OR WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNLESS YOU ARE ALSO A CUSTOMER (AND WITHOUT LIMITATION TO OUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES UNDER THE CONTRACT), YOU WILL HAVE NO FINANCIAL LIABILITY TO US FOR A BREACH OF THESE USER TERMS. OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY BREACH OF THE USER TERMS IS ONE HUNDRED RINGGIT MALAYSIA (MYR100) IN THE AGGREGATE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND DO NOT LIMIT EITHER PARTY’S RIGHT TO SEEK AND OBTAIN EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Except as otherwise set forth herein, all notices under the User Terms will be by email, although we may instead choose to provide notice to the Authorized Users through the Services (e.g., a dashboard notification). Notices to Bereev should be sent to [email protected], except for legal notices, which must be sent to [email protected] A notice will be deemed to have been duly given (a) the day after it is sent, in the case of a notice sent through the Services. Notices under the Contract will be delivered solely to Customer in accordance with the terms of that agreement.
- No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under the User Terms, including the Acceptable Use Policy, will constitute a waiver of that right. No waiver under the User Terms will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party being deemed to have granted the waiver.
- The User Terms, including the Acceptable Use Policy, will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. If any provision of the User Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of the User Terms will remain in effect.
- You may not assign any of your rights or delegate your obligations under these User Terms, including the Acceptable Use Policy, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of us (not to be unreasonably withheld). We may assign these User Terms in their entirety (including all terms and conditions incorporated herein by reference), without your consent, to a corporate affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets.
- The Contract, and any disputes arising out of or related hereto, will be governed exclusively by the internal laws of Malaysia, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
- The state and federal courts located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of or relating to these User Terms, including the Acceptable Use Policy, or their formation as a contract between us or their enforcement. Each party hereby consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Each party also hereby waives any right to jury trial in connection with any action or litigation in any way arising out of or related to the User Terms. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the User Terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its reasonable costs and attorney’s fees.
- Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Bereev’s User Terms of Service. You may contact us here.